Friday, May 19, 2006

No Watch

Got out to run a little late this morning, and once I was on the street I realized my Garmin was dead. It took me so long to get out the door that I didn't feel like going back in and grabbing my watch, so I ran with both wrists naked for a change. I've figured out a nice 8 mile stretch that avoids the main roads almost completely in favor of trails and neighborhoods, which I traced today in a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines. I even brought along the iPod shuffle, which for some reason isn't shuffling. Thus all the songs I listened to were from the "B's", starting with some Revolver, Rubber Soul, White Album and Sgt. Pepper's from the Beatles, followed by Ben Folds and finally Bill Janovitz (the Buffalo Tom guy). Yes, I'm a pop guy.

The legs feel good after yesterday's workout, and I'm doing my best to keep them that way until the race on Sunday. I'm planning on another easy 6 or 8 tomorrow, which will mean some pretty mild mileage for the week, but at three weeks out and a 22 miler in the bank from Tuesday I'm not too worried about it.

I did get a nice email from Nobby Hashizume yesterday which brightened my spirits. He let me know that the Lydiard Foundation will officially launch on May 27 with an event at the Boulder High School in Colorado. Alan Culpepper, Peter Snell and Ron Dixon will be there. Tickets are $20 and are available at a number of Boulder running stores.

Training: 8 miles

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

No watch?

You're title should be 'Naked in Tucson'...but I guess you survived the embarassment.

Have a great weekend!