Monday, June 26, 2006

Beard-tastic


Great track and field beards throughout history inspired by Eric.

I lied. I honestly didn't have time to shave yesterday before the party, after a trip to Costco and four hours in the yard had drained whatever energy remained after 19 miles in the morning. Angie and Johnny were at the party and promptly busted me, so it's no use continuing the charade.

This morning I asked my daughter Haiden if I should shave and she said "yes", but then my wife said that she actually liked the mess on my face. This, coupled with Eric's comment and photographic links to some great bearded runners have convinced me to hang on a little while longer.

8 comments:

Eric said...

You were going to shave it off without asking the Boss?! What kind of household do you live in?

Good decision. I think everyone should rock a beard in the summer. Bunch of dopes running around, sportin' beards and whatnot...

Scooter, your penance shall be to grow a beard. Otherwise, I shall taunt you a second time!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

You aren't the only 'dope' sporting a beard in Tucson's summer. Johnny's is getting pretty bushy, with no end in sight. Yeah, I outed you on my blog this morning :)

The Boss/CEO said...

Eric, he does all sorts of things without consullting me. (And then is surprised when things don't turn out well.) But, to be fair, when I offer good advice, he doesn't always listen to it anyway. Mike has his own way of doing things...the very, very hard way.

Mike said...

Thanks Eric, you had to go and get her mad!

John said...

Who are the top two bearded ones in the photos? The bottom are Kennedy and Vaino, right?

Some more are Viren, Benji Durden and Famiglietti had an interesting one a few years back...

Eric said...

Beard Key:

Anthony Famiglietti is top left, and Benji Durden is top right. Greg Meyer is bottom right, and you had Kennedy correct.

I was going All-American, but yes, absolutely, how could I forget Viren!?

Boss, there's no substitute for heard-earned experience, eh? Take care of your caveman. :)

John said...

1 out of 4 is pretty poor although i did metion Fam and Durden. Some other Americans are the former Stanford duo of Jonathan Riley and Gabe Jennings.

One other who wasn't a distance runner but would have been a very good 800 runner was Edwin Moses....

the boss said...

Mad? No. Pointing out the obvious? Yes.