Friday, July 28, 2006

Travel Day

Back to Tucson I go, and I will be glad to get home. I'm happy I was able to run all but one day while in Reno, and I look forward to sitting behind a desk again instead of packing 50-60 paintings a day.

I spent my last evening in town relaxing with a movie, a beer and a good meal, and an hour or so watching the kayakers navigate the course set up by the city of Reno along the Truckee River. As the sun started to set behind me as I sat on a park bench, with my work finally done and no obligations save for peddling back to the hotel before dark. All week long I ran along this river, passing hundreds of people fishing, talking, or just staring at the water. Now it was my turn, and I enjoyed what seemed like an evening's vacation.

I got out for one more 8 miler today, where I tried to push the pace a little in the last two miles. I ended up averaging 6:43 for the run, which should take care of about half of the omlette I ate this morning. I'm due to get on a plane, so that's it for now.

Training: 8 miles, 6:43 pace

4 comments:

Lawrence said...

Training: 8 miles, 6:43 pace

Great pace. Solid. The only time I'm at this pace is during a quality day....

Walter said...

Safte

Walter said...

Safe trip home.

D said...

"....I’ve doled out advice based on my very limited knowledge" Mike, you have one of the most informative running blogs. I learn so much from your blog.