Friday, September 29, 2006

As it Should Be


Finn is feeling much better, here we are at Haiden's party this past weekend just before he took ill.

Both kids slept through the night for the first time in quite a while, and everyone woke up happy. Eight easy miles in and around Sabino Canyon in cool morning temperatures followed, though I resisted the temptation of going far enough up the road to gawk at the latest road kill. When I talk about Sabino Canyon to some of the people who stop by where I work, I mention that I take our daughter in the jogging stroller up the main road on occasion. Those petrified by too many viewings of "When Animals Attack" look at me with contempt when I say this, as if I'm dousing Haiden with gravy and leaving her by the side of the road on a giant plate with a side of breadsticks. I've always said that the mountain lions stay away from the main road, but now I guess I have some egg on my face.

I feel great after getting more rest than usual, and the easy effort today will be followed by a similar jaunt tomorrow. Have a good day.

Training: 8 miles, 1:00:00, 7:30 pace

5 comments:

D said...

Glad to hear that Finn is feeling better.

I'd be a little nervous running near that Mountain Lion's territory....

Anonymous said...

Cute picture Mike. Now if only I could get b to sit still like that...

Phil said...

Happy to hear Finn is back to normal ... and great pic.

Best of luck on Sunday.

Blaxabbath said...

How does that stupid dead deer story have almost 30 comments on the Star webpage?

Oh -- and good luck Sunday.

tb1 said...

very nice pic.