Sunday, October 08, 2006

Credit Where Credit is Due


These were waiting for me and Lucas after our run this morning. Yes, we're lucky dogs.

Yesterday's comments reminded me yet again that my better half gets neglected in my postings. This is usually fine with her, as she's secure enough with herself that she doesn't need to ramble online about her day the way I apparently do. My wife makes all of my running possible by caring for the kids while I'm out, and often she still makes time to have scones like these ready when I get home (or muffins, or coffee cake). While they leave their indelible marks (in my case just above the hips), they are very good nonetheless. I've yet to find goodies in any bakery that can rival her creations. Thank you Kiera.

I'm sucking up because it's our anniversary today, and like many couples with kids we are spending it apart. She's up in Phoenix shopping with my sister-in-law, and I'm at home with both of the kids. This is a good present for her, though we will get dinner by ourselves later on thanks to Kiera's family watching the kids.

Kiera did give me time to get out for a recovery run with Lucas. While I only had 70 minutes or so planned, I felt good enough and we went slow enough that I stretched it to accompany Lucas for his planned 1:45. We racked up about 14.5 miles in this time, which puts the lid on a good but tiring week of training. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I'll be scrambling here.

Training: 14.5 miles, 1:43:45, 7:11 pace. Legs felt fine once I warmed up

8 comments:

robtherunner said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Kiera. Enjoy the dinner later tonight. I know how precious one on one time is.

Thomas said...

Happy Anniversary, and enjoy the dinner. Just don't cut it short because you have to get up early next morning for your next run ...

Scooter said...

They look good! Until I read, I was unsure if they were macaroons or scones. Glad you're doing well.

Photo lesson time - most cameras focus (and adjust exposure) on center, that's why the foreground is out of focus. Next time, try to set up the shot, then move the camera down to center the foreground. Next, half press the shutter, this should lock the focus and exposure. Move back up to reframe the shot and squeeze the shutter the second half. Give it a try.

Scooter said...

And, Happy Anniversary!

Mike said...

Thanks everyone. Scooter, think back to when your kids were small (in my case one 4yrs and one 16 months). I'm lucky I got the lens cap off at all in the few minutes I had between finishing the run and Kiera leaving for the day. With one kid grabbing each sweaty leg at the time I think I deserve a Pulitzer for the shot!

Laurie said...

Happy anniversary!

the luckiest girl in the world said...

Uh, Mike, I think what you're thinking of is the Nobel (keeping the) Peace Prize, not the Pulitzer.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

happy anniversary :)