Saturday, October 28, 2006

Not in the Mood

Stomach woes, allergies and a restless night on the couch worked hard against me this morning, and while I got the workout done I'm less than thrilled with the results. I had ten miles scheduled with 7 at 6:10 pace. While I've been doing these a bit faster, I'd been advised to take it a bit easier this week on the marathon pace efforts for today and tomorrow. I ended up managing the 7 miles at 6:08 pace, but between the wheezing, coughing and digestive issues it was far from the walk in the park I was expecting. It took me until I'd been home for an hour to want to eat, and only now (hours later) am I feeling close to normal.

I guess how I recover from this workout will be a better indicator of where I'm at right now. I know I'm fit, but I was really hoping this workout would feel like a cakewalk and it just didn't go down that way. I know my stomach will be sorted out by tomorrow, and I just hope the allergies ease off a bit too. The plan is 10 miles at 6:45 and 6 miles at 6:10 or faster. I'm shooting for 20 or so miles total.

The legs feel fine, my will is good, and tomorrow is another day.

Training: 10 miles, 1:04:24, 6:26 pace, with 7 miles at 6:08 pace. Stomach and allergies made this uncomfortable

2 comments:

Phil said...

The allergies will ease soon as what ever is blooming today dies out tomorrow.

You'll be back up to speed next week.

Eric said...

These are very strong efforts, especially back-to-back. You will get a very nice effect out of these runs once you are into the taper.

Have a good 20 miler. hope you're feeling better.