Sunday, October 08, 2006

Two Posts on a Sunday?

So here we have the photo of my dear wife's scones. Soon after posting this image I was given some photography advice from Scooter (see the comments), where he noted the faults in my technique. "Photo lesson time - most cameras focus (and adjust exposure) on center, that's why the foreground is out of focus. Next time, try to set up the shot, then move the camera down to center the foreground. Next, half press the shutter, this should lock the focus and exposure. Move back up to reframe the shot and squeeze the shutter the second half. Give it a try.".

I was dubious about the stated technique, but fortunately another blogger sent me this photo, stating "I tried following Scooter's instructions, and what do you know? Clear as a bell!" Hopefully Scooter has a sense of humor, as I have to admit this had me rolling on the floor.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm not Scooter, but it IS very funny. It had me laugh out loud - and I'm in the office. Oops.

Scooter said...

Always willing to be the butt of a joke (pun intended).

Eric said...

Good times...I was downloading my Gmail into an archive this afternoon, and came across this post at random. Funny!

I was surprised to see that no one ever pointed out that the focus issue was a result of shallow depth of field from using a lens (50mm fixed?) on a quality camera, as opposed to the point-and-shoot variety. Anyhoo...