Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holiday Break


Haiden and Finn trimming the tree

I'll be taking a holiday from the blog over the next few days to maximize my time with the family for Christmas. Lots of Kiera's family is in town this year, and we'll be pretty busy through Monday with the usual holiday hub-bub. I'm going to focus more on enjoying events over the long weekend rather than writing about them.

I did make it out for 6 easy miles in the early morning fog. I ambled along without any mind to pace, focusing instead on how the legs and lungs were feeling. Tomorrow is a longer run with a few folks from the Running Shop, and in order to survive 90-105 minutes of running with them I figured it would be wise to just take it easy today.

I'm imagining that by the middle of next week my body will have finally put itself back together, which will leave me four weeks to prepare for the 10K I have planned and five weeks until the tentatively planned Desert Classic marathon in Phoenix. I've been thinking of approaching this marathon as a long training run with a focus on a fast finish. However, this will all depend on whether or not I'm even in the shape to run the entire distance by then. The race a week before clouds the issue even more, though I am confident I'll be in good enough shape by then to finally get my certified 10K time to a lower mark.

I hope all of you out there in blog-land have a great holiday season, and I'll be back with a great post by Mystery Coach on Tuesday.

Training: 6 miles, 42:06, 7:01 pace

4 comments:

Marc said...

What a wonderful photo.

Enjoy the time with family and have a merry Christmas.

Cheers.

edinburghrunner said...

Have a great Christmas. Looking forward to following your running in the New Year.

Bart said...

Mike, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have enjoyed following your training this year and appreciate the effort you've put into this blog.

Bart

Scooter said...

Great photo! Have a very merry Christmas!