Sunday, December 31, 2006

Valleys and Peaks


I found some mac-compatible software that makes these charts possible, though like most "betas" it's pretty finicky (are you listening Blogger.com?). Above are 13.2 of the 15.5 or so miles I covered this morning with a nice group of folks to end the year with 4071 miles. The area from just before the 9 mile mark to just before the 12 mile mark is the "Gut-check Alley" I mention towards the end of many long runs. Dragons Jason and Dave showed up, as did Dan, Shane, Lucas and Greg. Three of us got in a little over two miles before the whole group ran the profile above, and by the end I was tired but pleased with how it went. Kiera loaded us up with the coffee cake I posted a photo of a few weeks back and some apricot scones. Life is good.

Have a happy and safe New Year's Eve, and best wishes for a great year.

Training: 15.5 miles, 1:45:00 or so, 6:45 pace
Miles for the week: 72 in 8 sessions

6 comments:

angie' spink fuzzy said...

wow, you guys are amassing quite a group of guys, how cool!

can't wait to try a piece of that cake after my run tomorrow...

Blaxabbath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blaxabbath said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate/enjoy those runs. Kiera is a wonderful baker.

Sorry I almost invited that guy you hate. If you would just go ahead and post a list of everyone you hate on here, that'd really help me out. Thanks.

Love2Run said...

That's a crazy hill and even crazier mileage. Here's to an outstanding 2007 with Pr's for all!

Omniscient said...

You've got to be quite stoked by the fact you averaged 78 miles per week for the year, and, by my count, took less than 7 days off for the entire year. You are definitely well on your way towards a sub 2:30 'thon and this consistency and dedication to Lydiard's training philosophy will only help.

By the way, after reading about Lydiard in The Men of Oregon, I became inspired to learn more about the master. Is there a book you can recommend?

See you at the Group Run.

Mike said...

Jason, I'll top off your email with some good articles, and I'll loan you my coveted "Running the Lydiard Way".

However, if you keep it longer than you kept the Wilco movie you might be in trouble.