Monday, December 11, 2006

The Way it Ought to be

Week two of recovery runs from the marathon looks to have more running than week one did. The calf and piriformis seem to be behaving again, and I celebrated with 7 miles around most of my Slow Down loop. No real aches and pains to speak of, though I was a little sore from my zero to sixty sprints along the half marathon course yesterday, where I was either dodging traffic or trying to keep up with the runners I was keeping an eye on.

The plan for this week is fairly simple: Run every day for 30 minutes to an hour without any goal pace. After this week I'll probably start training to run a fast 10K at the end of January while keeping enough of a long run to possibly tackle a marathon the first weekend in February as a fast-finish workout.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be back.

Training: 7 miles, 49:35, 7:05 pace. Just a tiny amount of soreness in the calf and a little tightness in the piriformis, which doesn't affect the stride.

4 comments:

tb1 said...

Last week must have felt strange for you. I think I'm putting off my attempt at sub-4 off until Feb or March. Can't get my long runs in right now (excuse).

Omniscient said...

If you are putting of this sub 4 attempt till feb, planning on running it indoors.

Marc said...

Happy to hear you're on the mend and back at it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Great idea to ease into it and make sure you stay healthy. Have a great week!