Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cleaning House


I'm trying to get the blog re-formatted, and I'm finally about half-way there. You'll find most of the old links up now, but I'm working on a post that will feature all the links to interviews with and articles about Arthur Lydiard I've been able to find. I'm also working on a post with links to and short descriptions of all the information that Mystery Coach has been kind enough to contribute, so that people can more easily find it. I also need to update the log, though I can only upload that from work.

As for the running, I got out for eight miles on the Slow Down loop and felt good. With some luck I'll get in a second, shorter run before heading off to work for a few hours. The legs keep feeling better, and I'm trying to cover some moderate hills daily in an effort to kick-start the hip flexors. I looked back at the log and noticed that I stopped complaining about them last time a week or so into the hill phase, so I'm thinking running on some inclines will help get them back into shape.

Finn is up from his nap so that's it for now.

Training: 8 miles, 53:52, 6:45 pace

10 comments:

D said...

Your kids are growing quickly Mike! They are CUTE. I'm looking forward to reading (and learning from) your blog in 07!

Laurie said...

Love the Seuss shirts on the kids. Too cute.

Good to hear the hip flexors are feeling better.

Dusty said...

Cute kids. Aren't logs great - the answers are usually in there. Hope it helps with the hip flexors!

Happy 2007!

Michael said...

It’s amazing what a little time on a hilly route can do. I started back on the Seven Sisters about 1-2 weeks ago running the hills relatively easy. Glad to hear the hip flexors are coming around.

Scooter said...

Nice Shirts! The kids look great! Have a great new year!

Lawrence said...

I wouldn't usually comment on a posted picture, but I just gotta with this one..... Cute kids, cute shirts, good pic.

Phil said...

Great picture Mike. As for the blog, once I stopped complaining about being forced to convert, I actually started to like to the new tool set.

Nice run also.

Thomas said...

The Seuss shirts are great. Are you going to catch them with your net?

Mike said...

Thanks everyone. I've been trying to ease up on the kid pics, but I couldn't pass this one up.

Once the spell-check starts working again on Blogger in Safari I'll probably stop groaning about the new version.

Juls said...

Lovely photo of your beautiful kids. Did you put them in a box as you cleaned up? (kidding of course)