Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Day Too Soon

Four slow miles this morning, and while the fog is lifting I still feel a bit like a creature is clinging to my back, digging in with its claws, and slowly sucking the strength from my body. I didn't feel this way when I started the run or I wouldn't have gone, but as I sit slumped in my chair hours later staring off into space it's obvious I haven't totally licked this yet.

Still, I'm thankful for the run after two days spent staring out the window, with my only exercise being one walk to the mailbox and washing a sink full of dishes. You know when I'm calling washing dishes exercise just how low my energy level has been. Today is my first attempt at normal waking/sleeping hours and a regular meal schedule. So far, so good.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, I appreciate it. I think it's all downhill from here.

Training?: 4 miles, 7:40 pace

2 comments:

tb1 said...

Be well Mike.

Evan said...

get better and enjoy the break for what it's worth. watch tv and get fat ...