Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flu

"No, he even called in sick to work today. He hasn't even tried to go for a run. He probably knows I would kick his ass if he did."
-Overheard phone conversation yesterday between my wife and a friend.

The good news is the achilles feels absolutely fine. The bad news is it's probably because the most I've done on it between Monday night and right now is wander from the bed to the bathroom, to the faucet, and to the couch. I hate to admit it, but I am sick. I'm trying to get the motivation to go to work, as it's quite busy there and I feel terrible about not being there to help, but I just don't think I can even drive there. I could go on and on about how crummy I feel, but frankly I'm just too tired and no one else really needs to hear it, as this sort of thing eventually happens to all of us. I haven't been able to keep up with other running blogs, as I just can't concentrate for long, but I hope you are all doing well.

I've felt this sickness creeping on for a few days, and I think it's probably the same flu our son Finn had. No run yesterday, no run today. I'll check back in when the fog lifts a bit.

Training: Today, 0
Yesterday, 0

15 comments:

Omniscient said...

The flu is the worst. I hope you feel better soon.

ian said...

A couple nothing days now versus a couple bad weeks later makes for a pretty good trade.
Get well soon, Mike.

Marc said...

I had horrible flashbacks reading this post.

Rest and get well.

Thomas said...

Get better soon. Look at the bright side, it healed your achilles before you could do any more damage.

Scooter said...

Stretch! Rest and Get Better!

Bart said...

I hope you feel better soon, but please don't go to work until you do. I realize that you want to be there to help your co-workers, but you're doing them a favor by not exposing them to your illness.

D said...

Get better soon!

Laurie said...

Yucky. I hope you feel better soon.

Homeslice said...

Hope you're back on your feet soon!

Love2Run said...

Chicken soup? Ice cream? Beer? Get well soon Mike.

brian said...

Hope you feel better soon, Mike. There's definitely something going around here too.

Blaxabbath said...

You need some menudo. It cures everything. You better get the red though because you have both the flu & an achilles issue.

Bench said...

Hey get well soon.
Just by the by I'm blaming you for starting a blog.
Get running (jogging lots of clothes) soon as, it helps.

Michael said...

Best of luck with recovering from the cold, you’re dong the right thing.

Greg said...

Enjoy the rest, heal, and recover. This will not last.