Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow Day


Spent much of the day playing in the snow on Mt. Lemmon, which sits at 9000 feet high above Tucson. Haiden has seen snow before but doesn't remember it, so this was pretty much a first for both kids. She and Finn had a blast checking out this foreign white stuff, and looking out towards the backyard now it looks like the snow followed us home, which is a once in a blue moon occasion with our climate. This was a special day for the whole family, and I enjoyed feeling good the whole time after having a difficult week.

Later, since I skipped my chance at a morning run, I was forced out into a lovely mix of rain and wet snow in the late afternoon. Seven soggy, cold miles followed, but at least I wore a few layers this time.

Make sure to stop over and congratulate my pal Phil on finishing his first marathon. Phil is one of my daily stops in blogland, and it's been a joy following his progress over the past year.

Training: 7 miles, 47:15, 6:45 pace

3 comments:

Phil said...

Great pace this morning and thanks for the shout out. My daughter called me tonight while I was driving back to Arizona to tell me that it was snowing hard in Tucson. Your run on Monday morning should be interesting. Stay warm.

Marc said...

Mike - Wonderful picture. Looks as though Finn literally had his first taste of snow.

I loved this line from your previous post "Life is bigger than running, but it's better with running." This says it all.

Laurie said...

Looks like the kids had a lot of fun. They sure are getting big!