Monday, February 26, 2007

Pretty Good Timing

The allergies seem to be making a comeback, but thankfully they didn't appear until sometime Sunday afternoon. I didn't want to jinx things by saying anything, but going into the race yesterday the body was about as happy as it's been before a competition. No aches or pains to speak of, no residual fatigue, and no allergy or breathing issues. I guess a scratchy throat afterwards is a small price to pay at the end of the day.

This morning Doug ran past my street just as I was getting set to run out to meet Lucas in Sabino Canyon for a recovery run, and I was glad to hear he was game for joining us. After meeting Lucas we ended up cruising around the Canyon and different neighborhoods nearby for a little over an hour. After Lucas and Doug both headed home I continued on for awhile, just relaxing and enjoying the weather. My daydreaming somehow short-circuited my math skills though, so I ended up putting in a few extra miles. Nice run.

13 miles, 1:29:34, 6:53 pace

5 comments:

D said...

Congrats on your recent 5K!

Phil said...

13 miles in Sabino Canyon at sub 7:00 isn't exactly a "recovery" run. Great race!

angie's pink fuzzy said...

nice run!

did you hear? Runners World will acquire Running Times...

angie's pink fuzzy said...

oops, wrong URL up there for my blog (um, copy and paste overkill)

Evan said...

Belated congrats on the 5k PR. Great work.

If you want to take it down some more, and not worry about course certification, have you thought about getting onto the track? You live in a college town (of sorts), so I'm sure there's some 5000s that you could run unattached in.

Add up all the benefits of the track (spikes, elevation change=0, extra distance < on the roads) and you're looking at 10-20 seconds.