Thursday, February 22, 2007

Save it for Later

Not much to report today, as I just took it easy for 8 miles of my Slow Down Loop. The legs were a little tired, probably from the 800's yesterday and possibly from the slow 10K I ran in the evening with the Running Shop gang. Tomorrow is a sharpening day with a handful of 100's, then one more easy day before the race.

I think this Sunday's race has the potential to be fairly fast. Again, much will depend on who will show up, but it should afford a great opportunity to try to take down my 5K PR of 16:07.

Training: 8 miles, 54:40, 6:50 pace.

8 comments:

Eric said...

15:xx perhaps? Or am I letting the Dragon out of the bag?

Blaxabbath said...

Dragons.

Mike said...

Eric, with the right mix of people I'm hoping for a shot at it. Two weeks ago I wouldn't have said this, but things have been going pretty well lately.

Blax, you'd better drag your ass out there and represent.

Phil said...

I think you're ready to bust one loose this weekend. Have a great race. I'll be in Benson on Sunday morning, but will be pulling for you none-the-less.

Thomas said...

I agree with Eric. 15:xx is on the cards.

Abadabajev said...

15 something is too difficult to remember. I like even numbers. 16 flat. 3:12 per k even split.

Blaxabbath said...

I can't, man. I'm gonna be up at the Renaissance Fair. I trust you and Lucas have things under control for now.

Stick it to those 'slayers'

ian said...

Go get 'em, Mike, and may we see a template sidebar revision come Monday.