Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Nice

After sneaking in five miles last evening post-dinner I was surprised to be looking forward to the effort this morning, as the legs usually complain after an evening run. Kiera took the early shift, which meant I got out at about 7:15. This is pretty late for me, but the sun was warm and things pretty much started clicking after a few easy miles. I ended up starting out on a different route than usual so I could stay out for close to 90 minutes without repeating much. I tried to just run by feel without putting the hurt on myself, and I could feel that the legs had some good spring by how soft I seemed to be landing. The general clunkiness I felt during the 90 minute run last week was gone, and I found myself feeling quite good.

I hit the lap button after getting some Garmin-Garble at 7-some miles, and was surprised to see that I was now running right around 6:30 pace as I headed into Sabino Canyon. I had assumed I was cruising right around 6:50 or so, as the breathing was still in check and things still felt smooth. I tried to keep my momentum as I continued on, and when I looked again as I approached the garage I saw that I had averaged 6:27 for the last 5.5 miles or so.

I love days like this.

Training: a.m., 12.9 miles, 1:24:47, 6:33 pace

3 comments:

Ingo said...

"Post dinner" run? I'd never be able to get up from the sofa after dinner! I even struggle to do some easy yoga. But maybe that's just because I enjoy most dinners at home with a beer...

Thomas said...

I tried a post-dinner run once, and very nearly made a re-acquaintance with said food. I don't think it's for me.

Eric said...

Good to see you feeling better, and running easier.