Thursday, June 21, 2007

Save it for Tomorrow

I need to do something about Wednesdays. The Thursday-Friday back to back workouts are starting to get more serious, so doing a morning run, another free Pilates session (3 left) and a second run in 100 degree temperatures on the day before simply isn't optimal. It was fun though. The morning run was a relaxed 10 miles, and the evening run was an easy 10K with no watch. I'll call the second run 7:30 pace just for Abadabajev, but I really have no clue.

Today I had 9 miles at 6:08-6:12 pace scheduled, and instead of hitting the usual 1 mile loop I ended up running up and down the moderate hills on the main roads and in Sabino Canyon. The workout went well, which was a little surprising given how tired I felt during the two mile warm up. The pace stayed within the parameters for the whole effort, slowing a little on the uphills and speeding up on the downs.

Tomorrow calls for 2h 20 minutes, so I was more than happy to stay right in the middle of today's pace guidelines instead of pushing them.

Training: Today, 11.5 miles, 1:13:10, 6:23 pace, w/9 miles at 6:10 pace
Yesterday, a.m., 10 miles, 1:09:50, 6:59 pace, p.m., 6.2 miles easy

1 comment:

eric said...

=)