Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feeling Good


Haiden and Finn's podcast, coming soon

Driving back home after dropping Haiden off at school this morning found me wishing I could head out for a run. Even though it was 9am, it was still only 75 degrees or so and for some reason I had a surplus of energy. Considering I was out jogging 10 easy miles just two hours earlier, I take the recent positive vibes as a good sign.

Today and yesterday felt much better than the two days after my last tough marathon pace run a few weeks ago. Instead of struggling down the driveway and onto the roads at 7:40 pace or so for the first mile, the legs seems to be flicking along quickly and putting me close to 7 minute pace straight away. Certainly things can certainly go south, but I'm feeling good about...Feeling good.

Training: Today, 10 miles, 1:10:48, 7:06 pace
Yesterday, 8 miles, 56:55, 7:07 pace

4 comments:

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Those kids are so cute!

Sounds like you are right were you want to be going into the marathon with that kind of energy. Great job! The weather is so much nicer now.

Anonymous said...

Mike what kind of speed workouts are you planning on this and nex week?

Quinto Sol said...

You have two of the cutest kids, I swear...

Marc said...

Things can go south, north, east, or west. Feeling good about feeling good where you stand now is the right way to go. Hell, you've worked for it.

Now, if you could just find a way to store that surplus of energy...

Great pic of the kiddos. Future NPR commentators?