Sunday, September 30, 2007

7 days

It's pretty much easy street until Twin Cities now. I spent this morning running some nice, hilly, and very slow trails around Sabino Canyon. A nice group joined me, and after running close to 9 minute miles on the steeper sections it was fun spending some time closer to 6:40 pace for the last 5 flat miles. This nice run ended a pretty good week:

Mo: 8 miles easy
Tu: 10 miles easy
We: 10 miles easy w/6x100 strides/300 jogs
Th: 10 miles w/7x1000 around 3:18 each
Fr: 8.2 easy
Sa: 9.5 w/7 miles marathon pace effort around 5:53 pace
Su: 11 hilly miles, mostly trails
Total: 66.7 miles in 7 sessions

I leave for Minnesota on Friday, and I can't wait.

Training: 11 miles, 1:28 or so, around 8 minute pace overall

4 comments:

runmad said...

Good luck...

And again, give my regards to Nobby. I hope to hook up with him when he's in Japan this month.

Chris Field said...

Enjoy your slower paced week with the family. You are going to do GREAT on Sunday!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Enjoy your taper and good luck in the race.

Mike said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Runmad, I'll certainly say hello to Nobby for you. I'm sure he'll dig being back in Japan.