Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Big World


Finn at the zoo this morning
(photo by Kiera)

Pretty good run this morning, as my friend Doug ran by just as I was starting the watch while heading out of the driveway. There's a series of tight, winding dirt trails to the south of Sabino Canyon that I can't navigate through to save my life. Luckily for me Doug is an expert in this area, so I followed his footsteps as we padded around for a bit over 5 miles. Afterwards I worked on dropping the pace for the next half-hour, just to stretch the legs after taking so many short strides on the dirt.

I think I'm through with my short bout of feeling sorry for myself after the last race. It is a big world, and there are plenty of races in the future. I knew going in that I would probably be holding on for dear life to a pack of runners of similar ability, and in the end that's exactly what happened. I did give it a go and put myself in a position to run well, and for that I get to walk away without having to wonder what would have happened if I had tried to stay with the fast guys. I can live with that.

Things have been busy at home and at work, so I haven't had much time to post or to catch up on other runners' blogs. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Training: 10 miles, 1:11:51, 7:13 pace, w/4.5 miles at 6:20 pace

No comments: