Friday, October 19, 2007

Clean Bill of Health

"If it hurts, don't do it."

With those words the doctor released me this morning with no set restrictions on activity. He asked me if I was running again, and I told him the truth. I did spend more time discussing the shorter and easier bits though. "You runners are crazy", he said as he opened the door and led me out.

Game on for Sunday.

Training: 6 miles, 42:18, 7:03 pace. Late start this morning but a shorter run was probably for the best. I'm writing this to keep me from heading out for 4 more miles this evening.

6 comments:

Phil said...

Good to have you back on your game.

Robert Song said...

I don't think we can really argue with the doctors diagnosis.

Shine on all the crazy diamonds.

running faster with the ALIEN LIZARD said...

have a good race this weekend mike, i/ve got a 10k this sunday, and it will be interesting to see how i race off the lydiard base training. hoping for 35 mins,but guess i/ll have 2 wait and see/
rick

Anonymous said...

I am recovering from a stress fracture. I think doctors always say that, "If it's painful - stop." Runners deal with little aches and pains all of the time. I always get frustrated because, at times, I feel that my pain threshold is very high. I wish there was a pain meter that we could hold when running and determine if we are in pain or not.

Thomas said...

Well, good luck for the race then!

Love2Run said...

I couldn't believe your track workout of a few days ago after being told to not 'exert' yourself. There's no holding you back is there? Good luck with your race. Crazy runners!