Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Come Back to Phoneline Trail...

Just bring a friend in case you sprain an ankle and don't be in a hurry.

As reported here, the Phoneline Trail in Sabino Canyon is open again after being closed for more than a year. This is a pretty rocky 5 mile stretch, with plenty of elevation gain, and I'd forgotten just how slow going the trek is. In the end, I wasn't even able to crack 10 minute pace without fear of cracking my ankle in the process.

I followed up the slow ascent with a quick run down the paved road that cuts through the center of the canyon, and while I felt good upping the pace I could still feel a little soreness in the quads from the race on Sunday.

I spent some of yesterday in the Canyon also while running with Lucas, and unfortunately both today's and yesterday's runs were accompanied by pretty severe winds, which is a bummer. Still, it's nothing like what those folks in California are going through right now.

Thanks to Mystery Coach for the post yesterday, I think I get those 1000's a bit better now myself. Keep those questions coming.

Training: Today, 11 miles, 1:26:30, 7:54 pace, w/3.5 miles at 5:55 pace
Yesterday, 11 miles, 1:21:23, 7:27 pace

No comments: