Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Surgery Revealed


Still waiting for the full effects of this procedure to take hold. It shouldn't be long now.

Easy 10K around 7:30 pace last evening with the Running Shop gang, then an easy 14 this morning spent exploring a few new roads. It seems that Mystery Coach is giving me a free pass on the hard stuff this week while I get ready to resume workouts for the upcoming half-marathon in December and the marathon in January. The legs felt a little weighty early in the run today, but lightened up as I ran along. If I'd gotten out earlier I probably would have just turned this into the weekly long run, as I felt better and better with each mile (especially once I was finished climbing out of Gut-Check Alley).

Training: Today, 14 miles, 1:38:56, 7:04 pace
Yesterday pm., 6.2 miles easy

4 comments:

Justin said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know you inspired me to start my own blog on attempting Lydiard-type training but, I'm throwing a little twist on it. You can check it out at http://postcollegerun.blogspot.com/. Keep trucking man!

Greg said...

Can I get a referral to your surgeon?

running faster with the ALIEN LIZARD said...

HI MIKE,
the other day you were wondering if your age was starting to slow you down:well i just thought i'd tell you about my friend steve james,at university he ran 4.03 for the mile,on the same sinder track roger bannister ran on. he ran 2.27 in the london marathon aged 50. at 60 he broke the 60 age group world record on the track for 5k,his time was about 16.22.
now at 5 months away from being 70 he can still run a 10k in 39 mins.
he told me he hit his best form on the road at age 49.
so there you go mike,you got a long way to go before you peak out !!!

Amanda said...

Oh, if I have surgery will I be able to run like that?!