Saturday, November 03, 2007

Bad Day for Mac Users

PC users were the big winners today, as the Macintosh crowd was shut out from watching the live webcast of the U.S. men's marathon Olympic trials. I'm glad I figured this out before waking up at 3:30am to watch, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

Since I couldn't see the race and I had the time blocked out, I started the long run at 5am sharp. Since I've been getting back to Lydiard's original schedules to some extent, I decided to retrace my old, familiar 22 mile route that I traveled often while getting ready for the Phoenix Rock and Roll marathon in '06. I started slow and built into it, but I was a bit nervous about the distance on the out and back and decided to turn around at 10 miles instead of 11. As I climbed back through Gut Check Alley's hills I felt a bit weighed down, but at mile 17 I started feeling good again. I thought for a minute about the guys duking it out in Central Park and the commitment and training it took for them to get there, and I figured the least I could do to further my own cause is put in the extra two miles to make it to 22.

Congrats to Hall, Ritz and Sell on a race well run, and to all the other runners who made the standard and got to compete this morning. Anyone know a place where a sad Mac user can watch the race now that it's over?

Training: 22 miles, 2:32:00, 6:54 pace

6 comments:

Mark said...

Nice run. Try NBC 30 minute show at 2 pm est. Watching it now.

brian said...

Check this link for watching on a Mac: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=2203172

brian said...

Let's try that again. link

running faster with the ALIEN LIZARD said...

am impressed that you can get up so early to train.
its nice to see you getting your motivation back.
KEEP RUNNING AND NEVER LOOK BACK.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!
THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE,IF YOU BELIEVE!

running faster with the ALIEN LIZARD said...

HI MIKE,
JUST HAD A FANTASTIC HILL RACE,
WITH 700FT OF CLIMBING OVER 5 CLIMBS IN 8.5 MILES,I WAS AMAZED TO AVERAGE 5.57 PACE.
ARTHUR LYDIARDS TRAINING IS WORKING SO WELL, I JUST WISHED I COULD HAVE MET HIM IN PERSON TO THANK HIM/
BY THE WAY,HOWS ABOUT TELLING US GUYS OUT HERE WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO MEET THE GREAT NOBBY
CHEERS ALL THE BEST,HAPPY RUNNING, RICK

Chris said...

The following link works on my Mac.

http://mfile.akamai.com/28559/wmv/mznbc.download.akamai.com/28559/NY_Marathon_2007/US_2008_OLIMPIC_TEAM_TRIALS_500K.wmv