Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chore


"That's right boy, you have to earn your dessert" Photo by Kiera

The sad thing is our boy doesn't do well with dairy, so he's stuck with that tofutti-type fake ice cream.

I felt a bit like Finn looks in the photo on the run this morning. After squeezing in 6 miles with the Running Shop gang last evening I woke up to foreboding skies. Unlike Thomas, who seems to run through two or three tsunamis weekly without blinking, I don't like that wet dog feeling of being rained on throughout a run. Before I left I told Kiera I would turn around and come home if I got dumped on, but we both knew I was lying.

Five minutes from the door the rain started, and it got steadily heavier throughout the run. The legs were a bit fatigued from three days of doubles, so instead of trying to force the pace I found as many hills as I could and worked on strength for the 12 miles. It was good to get home and wring out the shoes.

Training: Today, 12 miles, 1:25:40, 7:09 pace
Yesterday pm., 6.2 miles around 7:20-7:30 pace

4 comments:

Thomas said...

Actually I'm not overly fond of the wet dog feeling myself, but if it happens almost every day you get used to it eventually. As long as it's not windy, running in the rain can be fun.

I had Niamh drive me to work today. After 2 hours of wind and rain during my run I didn't fancy another joust with the elements on the bike.

Mark said...

If you need a few leaves to go with the raking I have a ton of them and you can have all you want.

Evan Roberts said...

Rain throughout the run is OK. Rain at the end of the run is OK. What's most miserable is rain at the start of the run that stops and you have to run around evaporating all that water from your clothes.

Dusty said...

3 days of doubles, I'd be squinting too!

All my neighbor kids have been raking their yards, it is funny - only one of them seems to leave the yard looking better than when they started. :)