Friday, November 30, 2007

Into the Mist

The crazy weather continues for what is marathon/half-marathon weekend in Tucson, Arizona. The temperature was above 60 degrees at 5:15 this morning when I started my run, and I spent the 14 miles running through drops, showers and a fine mist. It felt like I was back in Portland, Oregon, where I spent precisely 1.5 winters before I nearly went mad from the rain. Folks coming to town for the race expecting cool temperatures and sunny skies might be a bit disappointed, but we definitely need the water.

As for me, the legs seem to be getting some snap back after going into hibernation for two days after the 1000's on Tuesday. As for the lungs, I'm feeling like a diesel engine: I can go, go, go for a long time, but I'm a bit noisy and slow.

Training: 14 miles, 1h 37m, 6:59 pace

3 comments:

Chris Field said...

How's the weather look for Sunday's race? Hopefully it will cool down some for you guys.

What's your time goal?

Dusty said...

Good luck on Sunday! You will do really awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing your blur go by at the PF Chang's R&R.

Rainy weather - the locals will probably love it (at least I loved the rain since we never got it) but those that traveled will be surprised. You are going to rip it up either way. Looking forward to your race report. Thanks for the well wishes for me. :) Let's both PR this weekend!

Love2Run said...

I love the diesel analogy, but maybe it has a turbo?? Have a great race!