Friday, November 16, 2007

Who'd Have Thunk It?

Out of nowhere...a great long run. The plan called for 10 easy (7:10 or so) and 10 moderate (6:20-6:25). I started conservatively on some hilly loops and finished the first 10 at 7:09 pace. Mystery Coach had mentioned primarily running by feel for the second 10, and not to worry if the pace drifted up or ended up slower than planned. Surprisingly the next 10 clicked off at 6:16, and it still felt like something was left in the tank. I'll take it.

Training: 20 miles, 2:13:20, 6:43 pace, w/10-20 at 6:16 pace

4 comments:

Dusty said...

Nice Job!!

I might get to watch you at the Rock & Roll. Going to Phx for the Barrett Jackson on the 18th. Was thinking of getting my run in and watching part of the race on the 13th!

Mark said...

that's a good confidence builder

have a good weekend

Abadabajev said...

I would have thunk it. High mileage is your calling. Your body responds very positively with volume work. I believe you're running better now with only a month of high mileage at 7 to 7:30 pace than your preceeding buildup to Twin Cities. Nice 10 miler @ 6:16. I hope that you continue to attach a recovery run at night(7:40per mile)

The high mileage, the slower daily pace, and a recovery run at night have been missing in your repertoire of tricks this year.

Is your confidence back? I can see it in your writing.

I read in one of your post that a cut-back week is scheduled shortly.

I almost fell out of my chair.

Mike said...

Dusty, it would be cool to see you at the race. They have a pretty nice finish line set up for spectators. Hope you can make it.

Thanks Mark, I'm enjoying the weekend but it would be easier without working an art show through it.

Abadabajev, I am feeling stronger at the ends of my runs lately, and certainly running more miles helps with that. I am trying to get in more evening runs, but it's hard to fit it all in while being a good dad. I still feel bad about not seeing our daughter at all Wednesday because of a late start to the morning run and a social run away from the house after work.