Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Remember Tired?

I've gotten a bit reacquainted with it myself the past two days. Yesterday's repeats were fine by split time, but the legs definitely lacked any snap. Today I headed out for an easy longer run and felt the same way. The adductors were a touch sore from trying to bring the legs through quickly yesterday, and in general the legs just didn't have any drive. I didn't push the pace at all, but instead just focused on getting the time in.

Two days of dead legs is a bit of a warning sign, so tomorrow's goal will be running easy enough to be ready for a pace workout on Friday. If the legs don't feel like they're coming back during the first five miles or so I'll cut things short, which might not be a bad idea considering I'm scheduled to work on Haiden's school's irrigation system at 7:15am.

I certainly don't feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a breakdown from the training, but what Mystery Coach says about staying ahead of the recovery curve is occupying my mind.

Training: am., 16 miles, 1h51m, 6:58 pace
pm., 6.2 miles easy around 7 minute pace

3 comments:

John W said...

It's been a while since I stopped by your blog and I took look back over the past couple months. Wow, the mileage has been great and that marathon a couple weeks back was not only a good read but a great race. Looks like everything is really coming together. The read has been motivating.

Chris Field said...

Try to take it easy until you get your legs fresh again, Mike. Very little to gain in fitness in the next three weeks but much potential to lose if sluggish.

10000 Smiley Faces said...

www.10000smileyfaces.com


Hi, my name is Ezequiel, and I invite you to be a part of the 10000 Smiley Faces Community, link your blog and raise your visits. We created this website to everyone who has a blog or personal site and want to tell something to the world.