Saturday, January 12, 2008

Away I Go

#1019 is my bib number and with luck you'll be able to track all the runners live at www.rnraz.com beginning at 7:40am tomorrow for the Phoenix marathon. I'm off for the two hour trip to Phoenix now with our daughter, who is much more excited about seeing her Grandma and Grandpa than she is about watching her dad finish the big race. Thanks for all the well-wishes, I'll check back in when I can.

Training: Today, 4.5 miles in 32 minutes
Yesterday, 5.5 miles, 51m, 7:15 pace

9 comments:

Dallen said...

Good luck. Don't forget rto have fun.

Grellan said...

Too late to wish you luck. Anyway luck is overrated and isn't required with the training you've put in. Well done!!!

Team Schmitty said...

good luck from michigan mike! go get'em...

Love2Run said...

Have a great race Mike! I'm on pins and needles!

Michael said...

Good luck Mike, I’ll be living vicariously through you tomorrow. Your training has been incredibly consistent and solid, you’re due a good performance, all the best!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I'll be just past the 5 mile mark before you turn on Missouri. There are 39 women trying to qualify for the trials, that is a 2:47, so you should have a lot of people close by pushing you to PR!!

GOOD LUCK!! You are so ready for this!

-Dusty

Ewen said...

Have a good one Mike. Don't leave anything out on the road.

Dusty said...

You looked GREAT at the 5 mile and 10K marks!!! Looks like your chip time is a pretty steady pace. You were really gaining on the front women during the 5th mile. YOU ROCK! Got a pic at the 6.2, missed your 5 mile (too busy cheering). Will send to you when I can upload. CONGRATS on a good start! Can't wait to see your finish post!

Anonymous said...

So what did you win? IMPRESSIVE! Looked like 2nd age group. I'm in awe!

- dusty