Thursday, January 03, 2008

Time Served

This morning I served out what I hope was the last day of my five day sentence: No runs in double digits, as ordered by Mystery Coach. After feeling iffy on Friday and then bombing Saturdays last back to back workout, Coach lowered the boom and forced me to nip whatever has been ailing me in the bud. I dutifully agreed and only added one 6 mile double to the mix, so hopefully its apparent now that I'm taking my need for recovery seriously before the marathon on the 13th.

The good news is that the legs are feeling fresh, and at last the head is clearing out. This morning found me holding back (like two days ago), and it was a fight to keep the run to 9 miles while I was feeling so good.

Training: Today, 9 miles, 1h, 6:35 pace. Good good good.

No comments: