Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17/08

6/17/08
Training: 10 miles, 1h08m, 6:48 pace
Sleep: 6h, 6/10
Legs: 5/10

6/16/08
Training: am., 12 miles, 1h25m, 7:08 pace
Heart Rate: 42
Sleep: 7h, 8/10
Legs: 7/10

Training: pm., 6 miles (5 slow on treadmill, 1 on stairs)

"Why not?"
My wife has good reason to run from the house screaming when these words leave my mouth. This time it was replacing the hard drive on my laptop, which seemed like a fairly simple task after reading some online tutorials. By all accounts it would save me about $200 and only take an hour or so. Removal and replacement went fine until it came time to reinstall my old data from what was supposed to be my archived back up. No go. If you think I beat myself up about my running, you should be a fly on the wall when one of these projects goes awry. By midnight, when I finally got to bed, I had removed and installed the hard drive(s) a total of three times. This is a long way of saying I'm still not getting enough sleep.

While I might be worthless for running advice, feel free to email me if you need help with a new Macbook hard drive. Speaking of running, things are going fairly well as I get used to the increased miles. The stair climbing for one mile at the gym worked me fairly hard after running five miles on the treadmill, and while Kiera didn't seem to enjoy me declaring myself "sweatiest guy at the gym", I enjoyed my hollow victory. The legs felt a bit dead for today's 10 miles, so I was glad for Mystery Coach's conservative pace guidelines of 6:48-6:54 per mile. It was in the low 80's by the time I got out there, and I felt like I was broiling after about 5 miles. These hot runs remind me of how I felt during the Twin Cities marathon last October. As soon as I get back to the house I'm grabbing a glass of water and jumping straight into the cold shower, which seems to get the heat out of my body fairly quickly.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Hmm. I think I'd still prefer the running advise, thank you very much.