Friday, June 20, 2008

6/20/08

6/20/08
Training: 10 miles, 1h06m, 6:36 pace
Sleep: 5h 2/10
Legs: 7/10
Temp: 84 degrees

I set myself for a tough run today by driving two hours to a concert last evening. Multiple accidents and construction on the highway back got us home to Tucson a bit past 12:30, so prying myself out of bed just before 6 was painful. Since it's a bit early in the build for Mystery Coach's famous back to back workouts, instead we're doing a more relaxed up-tempo run followed by the long run the next day. My pace window is 6:36-6:42 per mile, and while the first two miles seemed interminable the rest of the run went much better than I thought it would. Once again I was a bit fast through the first 5, but a 1.5 mile uphill put me back on schedule with about three miles to go. I could really feel the heat from miles 8 to 10, but for whatever reason the legs really played along today and did their job without complaint.

Tomorrow is the long run, so I'm hoping to get to to bed early for a pre-dawn start.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

The legs were probably still asleep - that's why there was no complaint ;)