Monday, June 02, 2008

6/2/08

6/2/08
Training: 9-ish miles, 6x100 jog, 100 drills, 100 jog, 100 sprint/accelerate.
Resting HR: 40 (lying in bed so a little lower)
Sleep: 7.5h, 9/10
Legs: 8/10, Felt very good and even better after some drills (butt kicks, high knees and some skipping). Note to self, be prepared to get dirty looks from others on the track when you pass them while skipping
Post Run: 9/10

I felt really good today. I made the decision to not race this weekend as a first step towards not over-racing during my build for November. Why ruin three easy weeks of getting ready to train by topping it off with a brutal 5K in 100 degree temperatures (the race is at 6pm).

I actually ran 1/2 mile barefoot after the drills, but managed to lodge something in my forefoot after about 10 steps. Still digging it out this evening.

4 comments:

Dusty said...

Just as resting is when your muscles heal and rebuild stronger... your rest/easy time is when your body is preparing so it can give it's all later down the road when you call it in. Hang in there - looks good.

I get my rest time begining Sunday!

Dusty said...

whoops - last comment was for the previous post.

"Note to self, be prepared to get dirty looks from others on the track when you pass them while skipping"

CLASSIC - I love it!

Good luck with the digging! ;)

Phil said...

Hope all is well with you and your family. We heard about a great deal of shooting going on in your neck of the woods today.

Marc said...

Mike,

Nice to see you back. I'm a little late with this, but I certainly understood the sentiments about retiring the blog. Sometimes there just isn't room enough for one more role (Father, Husband, Runner...).

Looking forward to following you to NYC.

Marc