Wednesday, June 04, 2008

6/4/08, 6/3/08

6/4/08
Training: 10-ish miles, 1h09m
Sleep: 6h, 6/10 Another short night after a long day, so a bit groggy
Legs: 8/10

6/3/08
Training: 9-ish miles, 1h04m
Resting HR: 44
Sleep: 6.5h, 7/10
Legs: 8/10, No complaints, took the long cut for another mile

---------------------------------------

Our houseguest left yesterday, so this morning I was back to running early. Since we don't have a proper guest room, the coffee maker gurgling and me putzing around at 4:45 in the morning probably isn't the best way to treat our house-guests, which has meant late runs in warmer temperatures for the last few days.

Today I hit what's become my favorite 10 miler, complete with fire roads, rocky trails, and tight dirt switchbacks as well as a fair amount of pavement. There was a blueish-purple film hanging in front of the Catalina mountains that faded as the sun rose, and everything just flowed once I left our subdivision and dove onto the dirt. Cue the song, DJ.

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

This Bon Iver band drives Kiera crazy with the falsetto, but I'm digging it. No one else was out on that back road this morning to complain about the loud shouts of "My My My".

I'm feeling good.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I'm glad to see that the passion and energy has returned, now just wait until it’s overflowing. Here’s to feeling good!

Dusty said...

I so envy you living close to mountains and dirt roads!

I think I kind of like that song... I'll have to add it to my shuffle.

Mike said...

Yeah Dusty, it really is good running here and I'm thankful for it. If you're digging the Bon Iver, go to the iTunes store, then click >Podcasts>NPR>Music>NPR Live Concerts, then scroll down to the 3/17 show with Bon Iver at SXSW. Definitely worth putting on the shuffle. If you dig that, go down further to 11/4/07 and check out The National.

Michael, I'm with you on feeling good.