Tuesday, July 29, 2008

7/29/08

7/29/08
10 miles, 1h09m, 6:56 pace, a little tired the last 3
Sleep: 7h, 8/10
Legs: 6/10
Temperature: 63 degrees

7/28 pm., 5 miles easy, around 7:15 pace

Might have overdone things a bit yesterday, as the last three miles this morning seemed to take forever. The legs were a bit stiff and a little sore, probably due to the two faster days in a row combined with a hard day on my feet and a second run last evening. When I put it all in one sentence like that it leaves little doubt.

The goal today was to run very easy, but the easy paces are definitely faster when the temperature is 20 degrees less than what I'm used to and the humidity is cut in half. Only counted 14 cats this morning, which is a bit lighter than other days. Many seem too friendly to be feral, and it's a real shame to see them in the same spots year after year.

3 comments:

Dusty said...

14 cats! I'd be sneezing the whole way back and one big hive!

Glad you are enjoying the temp drop. Yes, that was a lot to do in such a short period of time.

Phil said...

I'll never run as fast as you, but one thing I can beat you at is travel. It's tough on the road. Lots of bad food and too little sleep; however, at least you can run. Traveling was a real pain in the ass before I started running. Now I look forward to challange of running everywhere I go.

Good luck ...

Ewen said...

With that many cats, is there any wildlife left?!

There's a controversy down here at the moment over the importation of cross-bread "domestic" African Serval cats. Needless to say, if it was allowed and they turned feral it would be a disaster.