Monday, July 07, 2008

7/7/08

7/7/08
Training: am., 10 miles, 1h11m, 7:09 pace
Sleep: 6.5h, 6/10
Legs: 7/10 Felt better as I got along
Temperature: 76 degrees, 76% humidity

pm., 5 miles, 37m, 7:27 pace

As I got into the car to drive to the gym for a short run on the treadmill I noticed it was only 90 degrees and overcast, so I did a real run outside instead. Both runs found me crawling at the beginning but feeling good for the last 1/3. Legs are a bit creaky from the long run yesterday, so I'll hopefully get some time for stretching and some core work tomorrow after the evaluation run.

It's the toughest time of the year to run around here, but each run brings me one run closer to fall.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Quick question...did you do a 22 miler on Sunday morning and then another 5 later in the day? How did that feel? Was that a planned out thing or was it just a chance to add an extra run in?

Just curious.

Mike said...

I did end up with a double on Sunday, which wasn't initially planned. My legs just felt tight and stiff after the long run, and for some reason hitting the soft belt on the treadmill and just going very easy seemed appealing.

My wife has a membership at the gym and she was heading there anyway, so it seemed like a good idea to consolidate trips and take advantage of the child care there.

With the heat and humidity here I just find it hard to run fast on these long runs, so maybe sneaking in an extra run later in the day is my way of trying to make up for the slow paces. I'm envious of you knocking out 20+ milers at 6:30-something paces though, as well as your consistent 100+ weeks. Nice work.