Wednesday, July 09, 2008

7/9/08

7/9/08
Training: 10 miles, 1h07m, 6:47 pace
Sleep: 6h, 6/10 Kids
Legs: 7/10 Stiff waking up but better after the run
Temperature: 78 degrees, 50% humidity. Bug-free day

7/8/08 late morning, 5 miles on the treadmill at 8 minute pace

Still doing my best to stack doubles this week, though yesterday's second run on the treadmill seemed tough for 8 minute mile pace. This morning was the easier of the two scheduled up-tempo runs for the week, and while the pace didn't give me problems I was glad to not have to run too much further than 10 miles.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting into the same groove I was in the week before our vacation (6/16-6/22), which I fell back out of after returning home and trying to make up missed miles and intensity. I think Mystery Coach is sensing this too with the help of the evaluation yesterday, as he's upped the pace on the other planned up-tempo run later this week. The faster runs seem to be coming along nicely, but I'd still like the longer runs to feel less taxing.

No comments: