Sunday, September 14, 2008

9/14/08

9/14/08
24 miles, 2h46m, 7:01 pace
Resting HR: 42 (still a little high)
Sleep: 7h, 6/10 (still getting multiple wake-up calls from the kids)
Legs: 9/10 Felt like I was holding back the whole way
Weather: 68 degrees, 55 dew-point (So nice)

Very nice long run with the gang today. I was a little flat during the first 6 mile loop, but after picking up Scott for the second part of the run I just kept feeling better and better. This was a hilly one around my neighborhood, but I felt strong on all the uphills. It was really nice to still have some energy left in the legs even during the final few miles. This ended a good week:

Mo: 13 w/preliminary speed bursts
Tu: 13 w/7 miles of cruise intervals
We: 10, 6
Th: 14 easy
Fr: 12 w/preliminary speed bursts
Sa: 10 w/7 at 5:50 pace
Su: 24
Total: 102 in 8 sessions

I'm off for a drive up to Phoenix to see a Diamondbacks game, woohoo!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I don't think it's entirely by chance that the more agreeable weather has coincided with an upswing in your running fortunes.