Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Garmin for Sale



After having some problems with sweat and the touch-bezel on the new Garmin Forerunner 405 Kiera gave me, I sent it back to the company for a warranty replacement. During the time it's been gone I've gone back to my trusty 205, and since I'm fine with the old one I'm offering up the brand new 405 Garmin sent me back up for sale to my blogging pals before abandoning it on Ebay. This has the heart rate monitor, the ANT+sport stick for wireless transmission to a computer, and everything else it comes with. Shoot me an email if you are interested in buying mine for $270 instead of paying $350 for a new one.

The runs have been going well, and I'm finding it hard to keep the paces moderate with the reduction in volume. I'm leaving for NYC on Friday, and aside from a taper workout either tomorrow or Thursday it's all easy running. Here's how last week went down:

Mo: 8
Tu: 9
We: 13
Th: 10.5, Alternating mile at 6:00 pace, 1/2 mile at 5:30 pace X5
Fr: 8
Sa: 8
Su: 12
Total: 68 in 7 sessions

10/28/08
8 miles, 54m, 6:45 pace, feeling great
Sleep: 7h 7/10
Legs: 8/10

10/27/08
7 miles, 47m, 6:45 pace, w/2x800 at MP
Sleep: 7.5h 8/10
Legs: 8/10

10/26/08
12 miles, 1h25m, 7:08 pace, slow and easy with the group
Sleep: 6h 6/10
Legs: 7/10
Weather: 75 and sunny

8 comments:

Wayne said...

Rest up and knock out NYC. Good luck Mike.

I sometimes have the same issue with sweat or rain with the touch-bezel. Besides that, I kind of like the 405.

Ewen said...

If I were in the states, maybe. My 201's battery has finally died.

Is there a final plan for NYC? Thoughts, expectations?

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Thanks, but I have the 305 and am really happy with it.

It sounds like you are chomping at the bit, which is exactly where you want to be a few days before the race. You must have nailed your training. Have a safe trip and good luck in NYC!

Richie said...

Hopefully things go well this time around. It looks like the training has been solid over the last couple of months so I wish you the best of luck. Ill be watching on TV.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

YOUR TRAININGS BEEN AWESOME!
and you have at last learned self control
so just do your thing and let the good times roll! Relax and Enjoy1

Greg said...

Best of luck Mike. I'll be cheering for you (but you probably won't hear, cuz I'll be in Chicago).

Love2Run said...

Go Mike! I hope the weather is not too cold and windy for you in NY. Don't forget some throw away gloves and have fun on 1st avenue!

ps. seriously tempted by the Garmin

Dusty said...

Mike,

Did you sell it? I have trouble with my bezel when I wear long sleeve shirts (we have had some very cold mornings here already). My coach sweats more than I drink (crazy). What we do is set the watch to the screen we want and lock the bezel (press both buttons). In the mornings (dark out) we set the light to stay on until turned off, turn on the light, then lock the bezel. Then it is on the entire run. You can still lap & start/stop so we do this for intervals as well.

Hope this helps. Love my 405.