Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11-18-08

Seems like the recovery is going well from NYC as I head into my third post-race week. I ended last week with 55 miles after a nice run along Phoneline Trail in Sabino Canyon with some friends. Unfortunately I caught my toe on a rock and nearly took a header on the downhill, and the resulting save tweaked my groin muscle a bit. As a result I'm holding off on adding any strides or short bursts of speed until I'm not feeling stiff and sore there.

I've gone from plain-vanilla easy runs daily to incorporating slightly faster paces either every other or every third day, and the leg turnover seems to be returning somewhat. Altogether, I can't complain.

Sorry for the lack of posts, but the gallery I work for has a show this week so my free time has been severely curtailed. I'm also behind on catching up on several of the runner blogs I check, but I'm happy to see Eric's orange face now has some new entries next to it. Welcome back Sundog, we've all missed you.

11/18/08
8 miles, 52 minutes, 6:34 pace
Sleep: 6hr 6/10
Legs: 7/10 still a tweak in the groin
Weather: 63 degrees

11/17/08
6 miles, 42 minutes, 6:58 pace
Sleep: 5h 4/10
Legs: 6/10 groin tight and sore
Weather: 60 degrees

11/16/08
10 miles, 1h30m, Very hilly Phoneline Trail run with friends
Strained my groin a bit when I almost fell after catching a rock with my toe

11/15/08
8 miles, 53m, 6:40 pace
Legs: 8/10 Felt great

11/14/08
9 miles, 1h02m, 6:59 pace

11/13/08
8 miles, 53 minutes, around 6:40 pace
Sleep: 7h 8/10
Legs: 7/10 Just a little heavy but ready to move
Weather: 45 degrees

11/12/08, 6.2 miles in 43 minutes with the Running Shop Gang

3 comments:

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

Probably a good call to hold off on any speedwork until you are pain-free. How does this fit in with the cc race on Thanksgiving? What are your goals for that race?

Ewen said...

Don't you hate it when play is interrupted by work!

At least your foot speed was fast enough to avoid the face-plant.

Dusty said...

Wise to give yourself time to heal - totally not worth it and this is the perfect time for an issue - while you have the time to take it easy & recover.

Hope your gallery work goes well!